This service is for people who are supporting, caring for, or living with someone who is struggling in terms of their mental health.
The Wellness Together Programme (WTP) is a short-term service of around 6-8 weeks and is open to anyone aged 18 and over, is free and confidential. The person that you are supporting does not need to have a diagnosis.
The Wellness Together Programme is made up of four strands:
- Practical advice: Sessions will be run on a one-to-one basis.
- Self awareness: Recognising the supporters own mental wellbeing, making sure they have enough resilience of their own to cope with looking after someone else.
- Activities: Support towards engaging with our Wellness Activity Programme (WAP), a monthly event organised by Mind Your Head, facilitated by members of the Shetland community. Previous activities include crafting, cooking, baking, music writing, storytelling, kayaking, daytrips, gardening, mindfulness/yoga/tai chi sessions, drawing.
- Signposting: To help identify what their needs are and who best to support them with these once the Wellness Together Programme is completed.
What can you expect from us?
- We will be in contact to arrange an initial appointment (assessment) within five working days of receiving your referral.
- You will meet with one of team members to discuss how the Wellness Together Programme might be able to help you.
- If you decide to sign up to the Wellness Together Programme, we will take your basic information and make an appointment for your first session.
How do I make a referral?
If you would like to speak to a member of our team about how the Wellness Together Programme might be of help to you/someone you know/your client, please contact us by phone 01595 745035 (office hours) or leave a message on our website contact form.