A Shetland-wide, free and confidential support service for people who are supporting, caring for, or living with someone who is struggling in terms of their mental health.
The Wellness Together Programme (WTP) is a short-term service of around 6-8 weeks and is open to anyone aged 18 and over, is free and confidential. The person that you are supporting does not need to have a diagnosis.
The Wellness Together Programme is made up of four strands:
- Practical advice: Sessions will be run on a one-to-one basis.
- Self awareness: Recognising the supporters own mental wellbeing, making sure they have enough resilience of their own to cope with looking after someone else.
- Activities: Support towards engaging with our Wellness Activity Programme (WAP), a monthly event organised by Mind Your Head, facilitated by members of the Shetland community. Previous activities include crafting, cooking, baking, music writing, storytelling, kayaking, daytrips, gardening, mindfulness/yoga/tai chi sessions, drawing.
- Signposting: To help identify what their needs are and who best to support them with these once the Wellness Together Programme is completed.
What can you expect from us?
- We will be in contact to arrange an initial appointment (assessment) within five working days of receiving your referral.
- You will meet with one of team members to discuss how the Wellness Together Programme might be able to help you.
- If you decide to sign up to the Wellness Together Programme, we will take your basic information and make an appointment for your first session.
How do I make a referral?
If you would like to speak to a member of our team about how the Wellness Together Programme might be of help to you/someone you know/your client, please contact us by phone 01595 745035 (office hours) or leave a message on our website contact form.