A Shetland-wide, open access, free and confidential low level support service, working alongside individuals over the age of 18 to improve their mental wellbeing and to improve their day-to-day functioning.
The programme offers support for up to three months on individual basis and is delivered in a variety of settings, and at intervals that meet the individual’s needs.
The programme is made up of four strands:
- Support Sessions: One-to-one support sessions offering guided self-help techniques/coping strategies.
- Grubby Hut Sessions: Staff visit businesses and workplaces to talk to employees about the importance of looking after not only their own mental health, but that of their colleagues' as well.
- Signposting: Support people who are not eligible for the service to alternative agencies, and/or look into other input from specialist agencies.
The aim of the service is to improve the mental wellbeing and resilience of people living in Shetland who are experiencing low-level mental illness.
What can you expect from us?
- We will be in contact to acknowledge your referral within five working days and will make an appointment for your assessment at a later date depending on our current waiting times.
- At the assessment, we will use the Warwick Edinburgh Mental Wellbeing Scale (WEMWBS) used to assess your suitability for the service.
- After the assessment, a member of the team will be in touch with a decision for your suitability for the service.
- Once we have accepted you into the service we will plan your first support session with your practitioner within the next 5 working days (unless we are currently have a waiting list). Your initial assessment on the WEMWBS will be used to develop a support plan, identifying individual person-centred goals; activities will be identified on how to achieve these goals.
If you do not meet the criteria for the support service then you will be signposted to other service providers. All of our service users will be contacted at a period after leaving the service, to get a snapshot of how they are doing after completing the programme.
How do I make a referral?
If you would like to speak to a member of our team about how the Wellness Programme might be of help to you/someone you know/your client, please contact us by phone 01595 745035 (office hours) or leave a message on our website contact form.