Shetland Bereavement Support Service (SBSS) is delivering More questions than answers (MQTA) training in May. This training is delivered by SBSS and was developed by Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland, NHS Scotland and Choose Life. It is aimed at anyone supporting people who have been bereaved by suicide.
The course aims to offer participants opportunities to:
- raise awareness of the effects of loss and grief.
- explore own thoughts, beliefs and feelings about suicide, including people who take their own lives and people who are bereaved by a suicide death.
- increase their understanding of the impact of suicide and the particular issues and difficulties facing people bereaved by suicide.
- learn and practise relevant skills (e.g. communicating or breaking bad news).
- feel more confident and competent about supporting people bereaved by suicide.
- identify areas where they may wish to acquire further knowledge and/or skills.
There are minimum spaces available and places must be booked before 13th April. To find out more or book a place then visit the Bereavement Support website for more information here.