Support Service- Wellness Programme
A Shetland wide, open access, free and confidential low level supported wellness programme, working alongside individuals over the age of 18 to improve their mental wellbeing and to improve their day to day functioning.
The programme offers support for up to three months on individual basis and is delivered in a variety of settings, and at intervals that meet the individual’s needs.
The programme is made up of four strands:
1. One-to-one support sessions offering guided self-help techniques/coping strategies.
2. A planned activities programme which will include: dog walking group, bake and bite (baking group where you then eat what you have made with other people within the group), beachcombing, music group/singing group, day trips (a chance to get away from it all) and music therapy.
3. ‘Grubby Hut ’sessions: facilitated session at male dominated workplaces to talk to men about mental health, over their lunch break.
4. Signposting: signpost people who are not eligible for the service to alternative agencies and for service users who require other input from other specialist agencies.
The aim of the service is to improve the mental well-being and resilience of people living in Shetland how are experiencing low-level mental illness.
What can you expect from us?
- We will be in contact to arrange an initial visit within five working days of receiving your referral.
- At the initial visit, we will use the Warwick Edinburgh Mental Wellbeing Scale used to assess your suitability for the service. Two of the staff team will be present at this stage.
- A decision for your suitability will be made (in most cases) at this meeting.
- Once we have accepted you into the service we will plan your first support session with your practitioner within the next 5 working days (unless we are currently have a waiting list) your initial assessment on the WEMWBS will be used to develop a support plan, identifying individual person-centred goals; activities will be identified on how to achieve these goals.
If you do not meet the criteria for the support service then you will be signposted to other service providers
All of our service users will be contacted at a period after leaving the service, to get a snapshot of how they are doing after completing the programme.